The History of The Raukawa Trust Board
In 1987 the Ngāti Raukawa Trust Board was established as under the Charitable Trusts Act (1957) as the result of the vision of the kaumātua. Its purpose was to manage the social, cultural and economic affairs of the whānau, marae and hapū of the Raukawa takiwā. The Board’s name was officially amended to ‘Raukawa Trust Board’ in 1994.
The Raukawa Area
The Raukawa takiwā is represented by four pouwhenua: Te Pae O Raukawa, Wharepūhunga, Maungatautari and Te Kaokaoroa O Pātetere. These four areas include Mōkai, Atiamuri, Whakamaru, Mangakino, Tokoroa, Putāruru, Tīrau, Tapapa, Matamata, Kēmureti, Kihikihi and Te Awamutu.