Koroua & Kuia Service
What the service is about
- A professional service with a tikanga Māori approach that introduces people aged 50 years and over to healthier lifestyles by providing a range of educational seminars and physical activities.
A look into the service
- We are a mobile service and do home visits.
- On occasions we may be able to provide transport to educational workshops or activities.
- This service can have a beneficial impact on your health and wellbeing by:
- Assessment and identification of health needs and planning.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress.
- Support and advocacy improving social connectedness.
- Education and awareness programs covering:
- Breast and cervical screening.
- Promoting and maintaining fitness and mobility.
Who might benefit from the service
- People who are 50 years and over and living in South Waikato and Matamata.
To gain access to the service
- You can ask to be referred by your GP.
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Te Awamutu and Matamata.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.