Here are a few tips to help you have a safe and enjoyable long-weekend
- When hitting the road, remember to adjust your speed to the flow of traffic, belt up and if possible avoid overtaking unless necessary.
- It’s summer time so keep your liquids up with lots of H2O – remember to keep tabs on your little ones and also your pets.
- If heading to the water, always keep vigilant! Make sure you have the right equipment and skill level for any water activities you undertake.
- Food can turn quickly in the warmer months, avoid that nasty tummy bug by covering your kai, keeping it cool and storing it correctly. If in doubt – throw it out.
- There are lots of outdoor events during the Waitangi weekend, remember to slip, slop, slap and wrap lest you turn into Rudy the red lobster.
- A Stress-Less Weekend is always a good mantra! Take time to just chillax, keep it simple and don’t be afraid to treat yourself.
- Get upright and active! Sometimes it’s good to balance your relaxation time by getting active – go for a walk with the kids, dog or just yourself.
- Spend quality time with family and friends.
- Don’t let the weather sneak up on you to put a damper on your plans, check the weather before heading out – metservice.co.nz
- Get a good night’s rest before heading back to work/school, that way Tuesday won’t feel like an Olympic marathon.
Finally, from all of us here at the Raukawa Charitable Trust, have a safe and happy Waitangi weekend.