Community Outreach Nurse Service
What the service is about
- A professional health care service with a tikanga Māori approach that assists in making health care easily accessible in remote areas, for people with chronic disease such as asthma, diabetes and/or cardiac conditions.
A look into the service
- We visit people at home for confidential and professional one on one or group sessions
- This service is used as a follow up for those who have not attended GP services such as:
- Cervical screening.
- Diabetes checks.
- Medication monitoring.
- Smoking cessation.
Who might benefit from the service
- People with chronic disease who live in:
To gain access to the service
- You can ask to be referred by your GP.
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Te Awamutu and Matamata.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.