Waka Taua Wellness Programme
What the programme is about
- A professional health care programme with a tikanga Māori approach which delivers an extensive wellness programme and marae based wānanga for male youth who have alcohol and other drug dependencies or related problems.
- We aim to encourage and raise awareness with a dual focus on tikanga Māori values and kaupapa Māori wellness activities.
- We provide holistic health promotion and therapeutic assessment and interventions for individuals incorporating a whānau approach
A look into the programme
- We are a mobile service, which means our whānau workers will come to visit you at your home and provide transport to wānanga.
- Our service is delivered as a 10 weekend marae based wānanga which are drug and alcohol free. Participants are encouraged to maintain the tikanga of the programme wherever they may be.
Who might benefit from the programme
- Male youth aged up to 20 years who live in:
- Te Awamutu.
- or surrounding rural areas.
To gain access to the programme
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Matamata and Te Awamutu.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.